JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A 43-year-old Missouri man managed to rob six banks and use his bicycle as a getaway vehicle.
The office for the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri said Monday that Shaun Christopher Becker admitted he robbed six banks in Columbia between November 2014 and January 2015. He also admitted that he used a bicycle as a getaway vehicle in each of the robberies.
Authorities found Becker after he had ditched his bike following the last robbery and was seen walking along the shoulder of the road.
Prosecutors said he admitted to committing the bank robberies to support a heroin addiction.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
He faces up to 20 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.