JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A 43-year-old Missouri man managed to rob six banks and use his bicycle as a getaway vehicle.
The office for the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Missouri said Monday that Shaun Christopher Becker admitted he robbed six banks in Columbia between November 2014 and January 2015. He also admitted that he used a bicycle as a getaway vehicle in each of the robberies.
Authorities found Becker after he had ditched his bike following the last robbery and was seen walking along the shoulder of the road.
Prosecutors said he admitted to committing the bank robberies to support a heroin addiction.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- AP FACT CHECK: False claims swamp first Trump-Biden debate VIEW
- 'I have never supported Donald Trump': Portland-area sheriff hits back after president claims his endorsement in debate
- Debate commission says it will make changes to format
- 4 take-aways from the first 2020 presidential debate VIEW
- Chaotic first debate: Taunts overpower Trump, Biden visions WATCH
He faces up to 20 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000.