WOODVILLE, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man who was found burned to death inside a car near a strip club has been identified.
Wilkinson County Coroner Nolan Thompson tells the Enterprise-Journal of McComb 44-year-old Shane Lambuth, of Natchez, died from the heat of the flames. Thompson says he arrived on scene at about 9 p.m. on Feb. 2 and found Lambuth’s body burned beyond recognition.
He says he doesn’t know why Lambuth didn’t exit the blazing truck.
The Wilkinson County Sheriff’s Department and Woodville Fire Department are investigating the incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 2nd man dies at California home of Democratic party donor
- Crushing defeat for May's deal leaves Brexit path unclear
- Less beef, more beans. Experts say world needs a new diet
- Government shutdown may upend State of the Union speech WATCH
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez vs. Wall Street: Lawmaker wins spot on powerful House committee
Information from: Enterprise-Journal, http://www.enterprise-journal.com