DESTIN, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a body pulled from the water of the Florida Panhandle was that of a Mississippi man who apparently drowned.
The Okaloosa Sheriff’s Office identified the victim Sunday as 43-year-old Roscoe Brooks of Shannon, Mississippi.
A witness said Brooks appeared to be in trouble when spotted with a boogie board in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
A lifeguard and a beach attendant attempt to rescue Brooks, but he was unconscious when they reached him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018
The attempted CPR when they pulled Brooks ashore. He was pronounced dead at a hospital emergency room.