DESTIN, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a body pulled from the water of the Florida Panhandle was that of a Mississippi man who apparently drowned.
The Okaloosa Sheriff’s Office identified the victim Sunday as 43-year-old Roscoe Brooks of Shannon, Mississippi.
A witness said Brooks appeared to be in trouble when spotted with a boogie board in the Gulf of Mexico on Saturday.
A lifeguard and a beach attendant attempt to rescue Brooks, but he was unconscious when they reached him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
The attempted CPR when they pulled Brooks ashore. He was pronounced dead at a hospital emergency room.