JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has been arrested on allegations he raped a relative who is a vulnerable adult.
Attorney General Jim Hood, in a news release, said 53-year-old Andrew McGraw was formally charged with one count each of rape and incest at his initial court appearance Friday before Kemper County Justice Court Judge Mary Gully.
Bond was set at $100,000 for each charge against McGraw, who was arrested Thursday.
It was unknown if he’s represented by an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Under right terms, Kavanaugh accuser may testify after all WATCH
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
If convicted, McGraw faces up to 10 years in prison on the incest charge and life on the rape charge.