JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi man has been arrested on allegations he raped a relative who is a vulnerable adult.
Attorney General Jim Hood, in a news release, said 53-year-old Andrew McGraw was formally charged with one count each of rape and incest at his initial court appearance Friday before Kemper County Justice Court Judge Mary Gully.
Bond was set at $100,000 for each charge against McGraw, who was arrested Thursday.
It was unknown if he’s represented by an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
If convicted, McGraw faces up to 10 years in prison on the incest charge and life on the rape charge.