PINKHAM’S GRANT, N.H. — New Hampshire Fish and Game officials are calling a search for a Massachusetts hiker a waste of time, money and resources after he was found at a luxury hotel.
Officials say the 70-year-old had a medical condition that added to the sense of urgency when he was reported missing by his wife early Monday.
Rescue teams were brought up to the top of Mount Washington via a snowcat and a National Guard helicopter was used to look for him. Hours later, the man contacted his wife from the Mount Washington Hotel.
Officials say he told them that he’d sent his wife a message informing her of his plans, but she did not receive it. It is unclear whether he will be charged for the cost of the rescue.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?