BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — The Colombian beauty queen who was briefly crowned Miss Universe is making the best of what she calls a humiliating situation.
Ariadna Gutierrez told Colombia’s W radio Wednesday that no one can take away the four minutes during which she wore the crown.
Gutierrez was accidentally named the winner in Las Vegas earlier this month after host Steve Harvey misread his cue cards. Harvey later announced the crown actually belonged to Miss Philippines.
Miss Colombia says the awkward moment was humbling for her and other Latinos watching the competition.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- Beneath Biden’s folksy demeanor, a short fuse and an obsession with details
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- Greene searched Capitol office building for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez, 2019 video shows
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Gutierrez is now spinning the incident as a kind of triumph.