MINOT, N.D. (AP) — The city of Minot is taking over management of two problem-plagued downtown parking ramps while going after the developer in court to collect about $3.5 million.
The ramps opened in 2016 after years of construction marked by contractor disputes and delays. The original bid was $10.5 million, but the ramps ended up costing nearly double that.
The city states Cypress Development owes outstanding rent, construction-related expenses and loan repayments. The company didn’t immediately respond to the lawsuit.
Mayor Chuck Barney says the lawsuit is unfortunate but is what’s best for the city.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote