MINOT, N.D. (AP) — The city of Minot is taking over management of two problem-plagued downtown parking ramps while going after the developer in court to collect about $3.5 million.
The ramps opened in 2016 after years of construction marked by contractor disputes and delays. The original bid was $10.5 million, but the ramps ended up costing nearly double that.
The city states Cypress Development owes outstanding rent, construction-related expenses and loan repayments. The company didn’t immediately respond to the lawsuit.
Mayor Chuck Barney says the lawsuit is unfortunate but is what’s best for the city.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Sri Lanka military gets special powers after deadly bombings VIEW
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- Claims of shoddy production draw scrutiny to a second Boeing jet
- SpaceX suffers serious setback with crew capsule accident