MINOT, N.D. (AP) — The city of Minot is taking over management of two problem-plagued downtown parking ramps while going after the developer in court to collect about $3.5 million.
The ramps opened in 2016 after years of construction marked by contractor disputes and delays. The original bid was $10.5 million, but the ramps ended up costing nearly double that.
The city states Cypress Development owes outstanding rent, construction-related expenses and loan repayments. The company didn’t immediately respond to the lawsuit.
Mayor Chuck Barney says the lawsuit is unfortunate but is what’s best for the city.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Warming in Arctic raises fears of 'rapid unraveling’ of the region
- Amazon executives grilled, jeered at New York City Council hearing