MINOT, N.D. (AP) — A Minot man accused of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend last year has been found guilty of murder.
The Minot Daily News reports that a jury deliberated 2 ½ hours Thursday before convicting 28-year-old Bradley Morales.
Morales was accused in the stabbing last August of 25-year-old Sharmaine Leake during an apparent domestic dispute. She died six days later when her family took her off life support.
Morales had acknowledged that he stabbed Leake but denied that he did so intentionally.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Analysis: French anger shifts from pension law to focus on Macron
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- COVID's still out there. Here's what to do if you get it now.
- Should you get another COVID booster?
- Stolen valor: The U.S. volunteers in Ukraine who lie, waste and bicker
He faces life in prison without the possibility of parole. A sentencing date wasn’t immediately set.
Information from: Minot Daily News, http://www.minotdailynews.com