BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) — A Minnesota mom says she said a little prayer before hoisting a basketball half-court and sinking her shot to win thousands of dollars off her daughter’s private school tuition.
Angela Ramey and her daughter, Grace raised the most money in a school fundraiser at Bethany Academy in Bloomington, Minnesota, earning three chances to make the half-court shot and knock $4,000 off tuition next year.
Grace gave her mom the basketball and on the final try Angela launched it under hand. It bounced, swished through the net and the crowd went wild. The mother and daughter screamed with joy.
The Rameys were in New York Thursday for an appearance on ABC’s “Good Morning America” to celebrate the winning basket.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At Pentagon, fears grow that Trump will pull military into election unrest
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Her words: Amy Coney Barrett on faith, precedent, abortion
- Trump taps 'eminently qualified' Barrett for Supreme Court WATCH
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show Trump support VIEW