CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — Prosecutors have charged a Minneapolis man with murder in the overdose death of a 19-year-old woman in Carver County.
Twenty-nine-year-old Deon Lee Hillard is charged with third-degree murder in the death of Olivia Rose Zorbas of Watertown.
According to the criminal complaint, Zorbas’ family found her dead in her bedroom of an apparent overdose last Friday. Deputies obtained a search warrant and found an uncapped syringe, a makeshift tourniquet and a white powder which tested positive for fentanyl, a powerful painkiller.
Investigators searched Zorbas’ phone and Facebook accounts and learned she had arranged to buy drugs from Hillard the day before. Hillard told deputies he sold what he believed to be heroin to Zorbas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
Hillard remains jailed with unconditional bail set at $500,000. He’s due back in court April 11.