CHASKA, Minn. (AP) — Prosecutors have charged a Minneapolis man with murder in the overdose death of a 19-year-old woman in Carver County.
Twenty-nine-year-old Deon Lee Hillard is charged with third-degree murder in the death of Olivia Rose Zorbas of Watertown.
According to the criminal complaint, Zorbas’ family found her dead in her bedroom of an apparent overdose last Friday. Deputies obtained a search warrant and found an uncapped syringe, a makeshift tourniquet and a white powder which tested positive for fentanyl, a powerful painkiller.
Investigators searched Zorbas’ phone and Facebook accounts and learned she had arranged to buy drugs from Hillard the day before. Hillard told deputies he sold what he believed to be heroin to Zorbas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
Hillard remains jailed with unconditional bail set at $500,000. He’s due back in court April 11.