LOS ANGELES (AP) — Miley Cyrus is twerking back to the MTV Video Music Awards as the show’s host.
The 25-year-old singer-actress revealed on her social media accounts Monday that she’s helming the Aug. 30 ceremony.
Cyrus announced the gig by posting a photo of herself in an alien costume with sandwich boards that read “MTV won’t let me perform” and “so I’m hosting this year’s VMAs.”
A scantily clad Cyrus shocked audiences with a rump-shaking performance alongside Robin Thicke at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Navy shares photos of enormous Arabian Sea weapons seizure
- Vatican warns US bishops over get-tough Communion proposals
- Fauci Says Indoor Mask Guidance Can ‘Start Being More Liberal’
- Melinda Gates reportedly met with divorce lawyers in 2019 ahead of split with Bill Gates
- New drugs could help treat obesity. Could they end the stigma, too?
Cyrus won the video of the year trophy at last year’s show and invited a young homeless man named Jesse Helt on stage to accept the trophy on her behalf.
The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards will air live on MTV from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.