LOS ANGELES (AP) — Miley Cyrus is twerking back to the MTV Video Music Awards as the show’s host.
The 25-year-old singer-actress revealed on her social media accounts Monday that she’s helming the Aug. 30 ceremony.
Cyrus announced the gig by posting a photo of herself in an alien costume with sandwich boards that read “MTV won’t let me perform” and “so I’m hosting this year’s VMAs.”
A scantily clad Cyrus shocked audiences with a rump-shaking performance alongside Robin Thicke at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- Denmark is sequencing all coronavirus samples and has an alarming view of the U.K. variant
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump. The backlash has been swift.
Cyrus won the video of the year trophy at last year’s show and invited a young homeless man named Jesse Helt on stage to accept the trophy on her behalf.
The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards will air live on MTV from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.