GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (AP) — The remnants of Subtropical Storm Alberto prompted officials in western Michigan to cancel an annual parade to mark Memorial Day.
The parade was scheduled to take place Wednesday night in Grand Rapids, but the city announced the cancellation about two hours before it was to start.
Thunderstorms from Alberto moved through Michigan on Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
The Grand Rapids parade and a planned ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park aren’t expected to be rescheduled. Other area events to mark Memorial Day took place on Monday, the day of the holiday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fake images of Trump arrest show 'giant step' for AI's disruptive power
- What to know about the eyedrops linked to deaths and vision loss
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- End of the rainbow? California bill would ban sales of Skittles, other 'toxic' snacks
- A tree fell, killing two children. Their parents are now warning others