QUINNESEC, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan man who says he swallowed a stray bristle from a grill brush after barbecuing chicken has failed to persuade an appeals court to revive his lawsuit.
Robert Kaminski of the Upper Peninsula had surgery in 2014 to remove the metal bristle. He sued the maker of the grill brush, accusing The Libman Company of negligence. He says the bristle caused abdominal bloating, intestinal damage and other problems.
But a federal appeals court last week ruled in favor of the company. The court agreed with Judge Robert Jonker (YONK’-ur), who said the brush was a simple tool that wasn’t unreasonably dangerous and didn’t require warnings.
The court says Kaminski could cite only a few other examples of Libman grill bristles causing injuries. Libman is based in Arcola, Illinois.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.