MIDLAND, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a 66-year-old Michigan man has died and his grandchildren were hurt in a traffic crash near Midland.
Midland County sheriff’s officials say in a release Jeffrey Long was driving east on U.S. 10 in Lincoln Township Monday morning with three grandchildren, 13, 11 and 9. His vehicle was rear-ended by a vehicle driven a 25-year-old woman.
Investigators say Long died at the scene, and his grandchildren were taken to a nearby hospital. The 11-year-old was flown to the hospital at University of Michigan with serious injuries.
The woman driving the other vehicle had minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
Reports from the crash are expected to be reviewed by prosecutors.