LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is offering grants to help improve buildings and other facilities at county fairgrounds.
Also available are grants for groups hosting other fairs or expositions where livestock and commodities are shown. Those awards would support premiums or promotional activities.
Livestock exhibitions hosting expos must meet the required number of exhibitors.
Grant proposals are due by 5 p.m. Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
They’ll go through a competitive process and will be reviewed by an evaluation committee.
Detailed information and an application form are available at http://www.michigan.gov/mdard .