LONDON (AP) — Michelle Obama didn’t show up empty-handed when she met Prince Harry for tea at Kensington Palace in London during an official visit to Britain.
The U.S. first lady brought gifts for 23-month-old Prince George and 6-week-old Princess Charlotte, the children of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge.
The U.S. Embassy in London said Wednesday that Obama brought a red, American-made Berlin Flyer P-Wee Wagon for George and an Amish rocking chair and a personalized Alpaca baby blanket for Charlotte.
Obama spent Tuesday in London before traveling to Italy. She also met with Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha and promoted girls education.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘Needle spiking’ of women in Britain stirs alarm over new kind of assault
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- California travel blogger among 2 killed in Mexico's Tulum
- Inside the world of Buy Nothing, where dryer lint is a hot commodity
Officials say they don’t know if Obama gave the gifts personally to the young prince and princess while she was at the palace.