LONDON (AP) — Michelle Obama didn’t show up empty-handed when she met Prince Harry for tea at Kensington Palace in London during an official visit to Britain.
The U.S. first lady brought gifts for 23-month-old Prince George and 6-week-old Princess Charlotte, the children of Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge.
The U.S. Embassy in London said Wednesday that Obama brought a red, American-made Berlin Flyer P-Wee Wagon for George and an Amish rocking chair and a personalized Alpaca baby blanket for Charlotte.
Obama spent Tuesday in London before traveling to Italy. She also met with Prime Minister David Cameron and his wife Samantha and promoted girls education.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wild horses adopted under a federal program are going to slaughter
- A famed folk singer won a presidential pardon after molesting a child. Did he prey on others?
- ‘So I raped you.’ Facebook message renews fight for justice
- The Gateses’ public split spotlights a secretive fortune, with a hush-hush Kirkland entity at the center
- He was banned from having guns after his Capitol riot arrest. Then he shot a mountain lion, feds say.
Officials say they don’t know if Obama gave the gifts personally to the young prince and princess while she was at the palace.