LOS ANGELES (AP) — “NCIS” star Michael Weatherly says he’s leaving the long-running CBS drama.
Weatherly, who plays Special Agent Tony DiNozzo, has been with “NCIS” since it debuted in 2003.
In postings on his Twitter account Tuesday, Weatherly thanked the show’s fans worldwide and said “NCIS” was a “fantastic ride.” He called DiNozzo a wonderful character, one who was fun to play.
In a statement, CBS said Weatherly will leave “NCIS” at the end of this season. The network said it looked forward to working with Weatherly as part of its ongoing development deal with him.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say
Mark Harmon stars in the top-rated drama about Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents in Washington. The show is part of a popular franchise for CBS, with other “NCIS” series set in Los Angeles and New Orleans.