NEW YORK (AP) — Former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg is working with environmentalist Carl Pope on a book about climate change.
St. Martin’s Press told The Associated Press on Wednesday that “Overheated: How Cooler Heads Can Cool the World” will come out April 18.
According to St. Martin’s, Bloomberg and Pope hope to remove the “partisan rhetoric” and offer “viable, concrete solutions.”
In a statement issued through the publisher, Bloomberg and Pope said they didn’t always agree on the issues, but believed they could inspire liberals and conservatives to work together.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Rocker Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh impeachment after new allegation
- Over 2,000 fetal remains found at ex-abortion doctor's home
Bloomberg, the billionaire businessman, is a UN special envoy on climate change and cities. Pope, executive director of the Sierra Club from 1992-2010, works with Bloomberg as a climate adviser.