MIAMI LAKES, Fla. (AP) — A Miami police officer fatally shot a man who authorities say had stabbed a woman.
Miami-Dade Police Detective Argemis Colome said the City of Miami Police officer was on his way home from work Sunday when he saw a fight between a man and a woman near a Miami Lakes middle school.
Miami Police spokesman Christopher Bess said the officer intervened as the fight escalated and “was subsequently forced” to fire his gun.
Colome said the woman, 27-year-old Yurine Rodriguez-Perez, was hospitalized and expected to recover from stab wounds. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
Authorities did not release the name of the officer or the male suspect. Miami-Dade Police are investigating the stabbing, while the Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the shooting involving the officer.