MIAMI (AP) — Officials say a train at Miami International Airport went off its track during a maintenance check and has been shut down.
Airport spokesman Greg Chin said via email that the derailment happened around 2 a.m. Tuesday on the Skytrain that serves Terminal D.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1NJowvv) reports that according to the airport, an employee was on the train but was not injured.
The train is expected to be out of service all day Tuesday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The handwarming story of how Bernie Sanders got his inauguration mittens
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- The woman behind Michelle Obama's instantly iconic hair
- Hank Aaron, baseball great who became voice for civil rights, dies at 86
- The final U.S. county to get COVID-19? A remote Hawaiian outpost and former leper colony
Terminal D serves American Airlines and American Eagle. Chin recommends that passengers flying on those airlines arrive earlier than usual to allow extra time to get to their gates.