MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico’s navy seized 10 tons of synthetic drugs in a rural location near the western city of Culiacan, it announced Wednesday.
The navy said in a statement that its forces seized the drugs in large sacks and plastic drums on Tuesday in the community of Los Cedros. They also seized a dump truck.
They said the area was a site for the movement of multi-ton quantities of drugs. Western Mexico has seen industrial-scale production of methamphetamine.
The seized drugs were incinerated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Health plans no longer have to cover preventive care at no cost. Here’s what to know
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- AP sources: Trump facing at least 1 felony charge in NY case WATCH
- One key player did not cooperate with prosecutors: Trump’s financial gatekeeper
- A rescue dog and goat are best friends. A shelter put them up for adoption as a pair.
The seizure follows the discovery of a synthetic drug lab also in Sinaloa state last week. That raid yielded 50 tons of synthetic drugs near the town of Alcoyonqui.