Metallica singer James Hetfield says he’s OK, but his ego is a bit bruised after falling on stage in the Netherlands.
Fan video shows Hetfield walking into a hole created when part of the floor on the band’s custom stage was intentionally lowered as part of the Monday’s show. Hetfield fell face-first into the floor and his guitar. He remained motionless for several seconds until a pair of stagehands helped him up.
After the song was finished he told the crowd at the Amsterdam arena: “Yes, I’m OK. My ego? Not so much.”
In 1992, Hetfield suffered severe burns from onstage pyrotechnics during a show in Montreal.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- A Washington county that went for Trump is shaken as immigrant neighbors start disappearing VIEW
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018