MESA, Ariz. (AP) — A Mesa Police Department spokesman says at least one officer fatally shot a man who raised a handgun toward officers during an encounter.
Detective Nik Rasheta says the man was shot after he ignored verbal commands to drop the gun Friday night when confronted by three officers responding to a report of a man waving a gun and acting erratically.
No identities were released.
The man who was shot was described as white man in his 20s wearing a black shirt and black shorts.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- What a 'super' El Niño could mean for winter weather in the U.S.
- Rep. Jamaal Bowman triggered a fire alarm in a House office building amid voting on a funding bill
- McCarthy to face far-right attempt to oust him as House speaker
- She challenges one school book a week. She says she'll never stop.