LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mel Gibson is a father for the ninth time.
Girlfriend Rosalind Ross gave birth to the couple’s son, Lars Gerard Gibson, on Friday. Ross is a writer.
Gibson’s publicist Alan Nierob confirms the birth.
The actor-director Gibson has a lot to celebrate. On Tuesday morning, he received an Oscar nomination for directing “Hacksaw Ridge,” which also received a best picture nomination.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Soldier with 'Hitler mustache' is first to be thrown out of military after Capitol riot charges
- Sheriff says family on California hike died of extreme heat
- FBI: Remains found in Florida park ID'd as Brian Laundrie
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montanas? New maps highlight state's split personality
Gibson, who won an Oscar for directing “Braveheart,” has seven children from his marriage to his ex-wife, Robyn Moore. Their youngest child is 17.
He also has a 7-year-old daughter with ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.