CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — In a story Jan. 24 about New Hampshire drug overdose death projections, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the Office of Chief Medical Examiner projected 450 overdose deaths for 2017. It projected 485 deaths, the same number as in 2016.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Medical office projects drug overdose deaths same as last year
The New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s Office says it is projecting 485 drug overdose deaths for 2017, the same number as 2016.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The New Hampshire Medical Examiner’s Office says it is projecting 485 drug overdose deaths for 2017, the same number as 2016.
The Office of Chief Medical Examiner says it’s counted 394 overdoses cases for last year so far; there are 91 cases that are pending toxicology results and a review but are expected to be drug-related.
The leading cause of drug deaths in the state has been traced to fentanyl overdoses.