NORWICH, Vt. (AP) — Police say an autopsy has confirmed that human remains found on May 23 in the town of Norwich are those of a 19-year-old man who has been missing since January.
The cause and manner of death of Austin Colson remain pending.
Colson is believed to have made plans to collect scrap metal on Jan. 11, the day he was last seen. The following week, the utility trailer Colson was believed to have been using was found abandoned with a partial load of scrap metal in Sharon.
A number of unsuccessful searches were conducted over the winter and spring. Officials opted to resume search operations when the weather improved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Body of missing famed U.S. extreme skier recovered in Nepal
- What are ultra-processed foods? What should I eat instead?
- Fact check: The false claim that Senate GOP seeks ‘to end Social Security and Medicare’
- U.S. mountaineer’s body found two days after avalanche on peak in Nepal
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the state police.