NORWICH, Vt. (AP) — Police say an autopsy has confirmed that human remains found on May 23 in the town of Norwich are those of a 19-year-old man who has been missing since January.
The cause and manner of death of Austin Colson remain pending.
Colson is believed to have made plans to collect scrap metal on Jan. 11, the day he was last seen. The following week, the utility trailer Colson was believed to have been using was found abandoned with a partial load of scrap metal in Sharon.
A number of unsuccessful searches were conducted over the winter and spring. Officials opted to resume search operations when the weather improved.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Just how germy are airplanes? We put one to the test.
- Speaker McCarthy ousted in historic House vote, as scramble begins for a Republican leader
- She got chemo in WA and Alaska — and the price difference was a whopper
- Republicans are sick of Matt Gaetz, and they're not quiet about it
- An emergency alert will hit phones, TVs Wednesday. Here's what to expect
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the state police.