BUCKEYE VALLEY, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a man and his teenage son have been found dead inside a pickup truck pulled from a canal on the far southwestern outskirts of metro Phoenix.
Maricopa County Sheriff’s officials say agricultural workers found the truck in a water-filled canal near Agua Caliente and Old U.S. 80 in the Buckeye Valley area on Wednesday morning.
They say the 38-year-old man and his 14-year-old son were both from Gila Bend and reportedly were returning from a hunting trip when the truck went into the canal for an unknown reason.
The names of the two victims aren’t immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Democrats know of second Kavanaugh accuser, New Yorker magazine reports
Sheriff’s officials say it’s still unclear how long the truck was in the canal before it was discovered.
The causes of death will be determined by the county medical examiner’s office.