BOSTON (AP) — New Year’s Eve revelers can catch a free ride thanks to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority.
The MBTA is providing free service for all forms of transportation from 8 p.m. Sunday until the end of service.
Police and transportation officials are encouraging partiers to remain sober if driving, use a designated driver or take public transportation. Massachusetts State Police say troopers will be on the lookout for impaired and dangerous drivers.
The 18 MassDOT service plazas will also be helping drivers stay alert by handing out free coffee from 10 p.m. on Sunday through 5 a.m. on Monday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Updated COVID shots are coming. Will they be too late?
- 3 feet of rain sets up 4th round of flood misery for Sydney