CHICAGO (AP) — The city of Chicago is encouraging young people to apply for this year’s summer jobs program.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says people ages 14 to 24 may now apply for more than 30,000 jobs and internship opportunities. The application period ends May 21.
The jobs are part of the One Summer Chicago Program, which Emanuel says offers young people “more than a job.” He says it’s also “a path for future success.”
The program is a partnership with organizations including Chicago Public Libraries, the Chicago Park District, City Colleges and the Lincoln Park Zoo.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- GOP Sen. Roger Marshall plans bill to publicize Fauci's salary
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Hostages safe after Texas synagogue standoff; captor dead
Available positions range from camp counselors to forestry projects and office work. The program runs from July 2 through Aug. 10.