STORM LAKE, Iowa (AP) — A trial is scheduled to begin May 15 for a woman accused of stealing more than $7,000 while working at a Storm Lake store.
Court records say 19-year-old Abigail Clark, of Early, entered a written plea of not guilty Saturday in Buena Vista County District Court. She’s charged with forgery, theft and ongoing criminal conduct.
Storm Lake police say Clark forged customer names and completed fraudulent returns for cash within the Bomgaars store where she worked, and then kept the money.
Police say that during the investigation, officers recovered more than $400 in merchandise bought with the stolen money from Bomgaars.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- GOP, Kavanaugh accuser in standoff over her Senate testimony WATCH
- Memory's frailty may be playing role in Kavanaugh matter
- In 1992, Cory Booker admitted to groping a high school classmate and issued a call for sexual respect