PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — MSNBC’s Chris Matthews apologized for joking about a “Bill Cosby pill” while awaiting an interview with Hillary Clinton two years ago.
Outtake footage obtained by the website The Cut showed Matthews in an Iowa fire station, asking if he could “have some of the queen’s waters.” Then he said, “where’s that Bill Cosby pill I brought with me?”
The reference was to accusations that Cosby drugged and assaulted women.
Matthews said that it was a terrible comment he made in poor taste when the Cosby case was in the headlines. He said, “I deeply regret it and I’m sorry.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Sen. Warren: DNA test shows I have Native American heritage
- Prince Harry, Meghan expecting child in spring
- Alec Baldwin urges 'overthrow' of Trump government via voting
- 'I shot a whole family of baboons': Idaho Fish and Game official faces fury after Africa trophy hunting boasts