PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — MSNBC’s Chris Matthews apologized for joking about a “Bill Cosby pill” while awaiting an interview with Hillary Clinton two years ago.
Outtake footage obtained by the website The Cut showed Matthews in an Iowa fire station, asking if he could “have some of the queen’s waters.” Then he said, “where’s that Bill Cosby pill I brought with me?”
The reference was to accusations that Cosby drugged and assaulted women.
Matthews said that it was a terrible comment he made in poor taste when the Cosby case was in the headlines. He said, “I deeply regret it and I’m sorry.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Senate Republicans all but surrender to Trump on wall, despite shutdown's toll
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Kamala Harris opens presidential bid
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW