PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — MSNBC’s Chris Matthews apologized for joking about a “Bill Cosby pill” while awaiting an interview with Hillary Clinton two years ago.
Outtake footage obtained by the website The Cut showed Matthews in an Iowa fire station, asking if he could “have some of the queen’s waters.” Then he said, “where’s that Bill Cosby pill I brought with me?”
The reference was to accusations that Cosby drugged and assaulted women.
Matthews said that it was a terrible comment he made in poor taste when the Cosby case was in the headlines. He said, “I deeply regret it and I’m sorry.”
Most Read Stories
- Seattle's Women's March: How it unfolded
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- The WSU community comes out in full force to honor Tyler Hilinski in a candlelight vigil VIEW
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017