BOSTON (AP) — The youngest finalist and winner of NBC’s “The Voice” is a Massachusetts high school freshman.
The Boston Globe reports 15-year-old Brynn Cartelli of Longmeadow was crowned winner of the singing competition’s 14th season Tuesday night.
Coached by singer Kelly Clarkson, Cartelli threw her hands over her face upon hearing the news. Cartelli has earned a recording contract and a Toyota.
She is one of three season 14 contestants with Massachusetts ties. The other two are Jackie Foster, who just graduated from Berklee College of Music, and Mia Boostrom of Taunton.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com