BOSTON (AP) — The youngest finalist and winner of NBC’s “The Voice” is a Massachusetts high school freshman.
The Boston Globe reports 15-year-old Brynn Cartelli of Longmeadow was crowned winner of the singing competition’s 14th season Tuesday night.
Coached by singer Kelly Clarkson, Cartelli threw her hands over her face upon hearing the news. Cartelli has earned a recording contract and a Toyota.
She is one of three season 14 contestants with Massachusetts ties. The other two are Jackie Foster, who just graduated from Berklee College of Music, and Mia Boostrom of Taunton.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com