ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — Authorities say a Maryland man who worked as a youth volleyball coach is facing child sex abuse and child pornography charges.
Forty-six-year-old Marc Stephen Moore Jr. of Upper Marlboro was ordered held without bond following a hearing Tuesday.
Howard County police began investigating Moore after a 16-year-old girl reported that she had been sexually abused at the Maryland Junior Sports Center in Jessup. She reported that Moore touched her inappropriately and coerced her into taking nude photos.
The victim then disclosed that similar acts had taken place at a residence in Anne Arundel County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
Moore is charged with sex abuse of a minor, soliciting child pornography and several related offenses.
His next court hearing is scheduled for June 18 in Annapolis.