SNOW HILL, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county prosecutor has been sentenced for indecent exposure and disorderly conduct after authorities say he performed sex acts in front of a hotel room glass door, in full view of tourists.
News outlets report Cecil County State’s Attorney Edward Rollins III submitted his resignation Monday.
Rollins was arrested in June after police were called about a nude man on an Ocean City hotel balcony. His trial in December included graphic testimony about Rollins masturbating and having sex with his wife in front of the sliding glass door of his hotel room, in view of people at an adjacent condominium.
A judge gave Rollins a suspended jail sentence, 18 months supervised probation, 100 hours community service and fined him $1,000. He will also have a mental health evaluation.
Most Read Stories
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Expect record-high temps, 'copious rain' in Seattle area as we head toward Thanksgiving VIEW
- Fake field goal? An errant challenge? Blame Pete Carroll for Seahawks' loss to Atlanta
- Bicyclist dies in hit-and-run crash in Sodo, police say