SALISBURY, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county has sued a city over an unpaid bill for the air conditioning system.
The Daily Times of Salisbury reports that Wicomico County filed a lawsuit March 7 seeking more than $350,000 from the city of Salisbury for its share of capital expenditures at the Government Office Building.
The lawsuit says the city and county entered into a management agreement for the share building in 2011, but Salisbury failed to reimburse the county for energy-saving measures installed in 2012. The county has requested arbitration to resolve the matter, but says Salisbury has thus far refused.
But city officials say the dispute could be over as soon as Friday. City officials said in a statement that officials from both entities met to try to resolve differences Thursday.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
Information from: The Daily Times of Salisbury, Md., http://www.delmarvanow.com/