ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county executive has asked the campaign of U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama for a refund of a $1,000 donation.
The Capital Gazette reports that Anne Arundel County Executive Steve Schuh confirmed on Wednesday that he had made the donation “a few months ago,” and requested a refund via email to Moore’s chief of staff, Rich Hobson, on Monday.
Schuh said he waited to make the request as he had expected Moore to drop out of the race in light of the “credible” accusation of sexual misconduct with Alabama teenagers.
Schuh says he hasn’t received the money.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- John Cynn claims World Series of Poker title, wins $8.8M VIEW
- Trump's remarks about changing European culture draw ire WATCH
- Meet the brains behind the 'Trump Baby' balloon
- Arizona man arrested after trying to pull over troopers
Moore’s campaign did not return a request for comment from the newspaper.
Information from: The Capital, http://www.capitalgazette.com/