ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) — A Maryland county executive has asked the campaign of U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama for a refund of a $1,000 donation.
The Capital Gazette reports that Anne Arundel County Executive Steve Schuh confirmed on Wednesday that he had made the donation “a few months ago,” and requested a refund via email to Moore’s chief of staff, Rich Hobson, on Monday.
Schuh said he waited to make the request as he had expected Moore to drop out of the race in light of the “credible” accusation of sexual misconduct with Alabama teenagers.
Schuh says he hasn’t received the money.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
Moore’s campaign did not return a request for comment from the newspaper.
Information from: The Capital, http://www.capitalgazette.com/