OXON HILL, Md. (AP) — Maryland’s six casinos had one of their best months ever in December, generating a little over $141 million.
That’s the second-best month since casino gambling began in Maryland in September 2010. WTOP-FM reported that revenue in December was up 5.7 percent from the same month a year ago.
MGM National Harbor opened in December 2016, so it’s the first month for year-over-year comparisons to include all six Maryland casinos.
MGM National Harbor accounted for 40 percent of all gambling revenues at Maryland casinos, with about $57 million. That’s 35 percent higher than its opening month a year earlier.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Maryland’s share of gross casino revenue — approximately 40 percent — is earmarked for the Maryland Education Trust Fund, local impact grants, the state’s horse racing industry and the state’s general fund.
Information from: WTOP-FM, http://www.wtop.com