NORWALK, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man who delivered a bag of marijuana to the wrong car in an Ohio store parking lot faces drug trafficking charges.
The Sandusky Register reports 18-year-old Anthony Damante, of Milan, was arrested Tuesday in Norwalk.
Police say a woman went into a store Friday afternoon to buy lottery tickets, returned to her car and found a strange smelling sandwich bag marked “Sour Kush” on the front seat, prompting a call to police.
A police report says officers used surveillance camera footage to determine that another woman in the lot gave Damante money and went inside the store while Damante put the 40 grams (1.4 ounces) of pot into the unwitting woman’s unlocked car.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
Court records don’t indicate whether Damante has an attorney.
Information from: Sandusky Register, http://www.sanduskyregister.com/cgi-bin/liveique.acgi$sch=frontpage?frontpage