NORWALK, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man who delivered a bag of marijuana to the wrong car in an Ohio store parking lot faces drug trafficking charges.
The Sandusky Register reports 18-year-old Anthony Damante, of Milan, was arrested Tuesday in Norwalk.
Police say a woman went into a store Friday afternoon to buy lottery tickets, returned to her car and found a strange smelling sandwich bag marked “Sour Kush” on the front seat, prompting a call to police.
A police report says officers used surveillance camera footage to determine that another woman in the lot gave Damante money and went inside the store while Damante put the 40 grams (1.4 ounces) of pot into the unwitting woman’s unlocked car.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Behind Jimmy Carter’s defeat, a clandestine trip and a four-decade secret
- Her mother disappeared. Then her babysitter. A lawman fears she might be next VIEW
- This dress survived for more than 3 centuries at the bottom of the sea
- Meet the raccoon dog, creature that could be behind COVID outbreak
Court records don’t indicate whether Damante has an attorney.
Information from: Sandusky Register, http://www.sanduskyregister.com/cgi-bin/liveique.acgi$sch=frontpage?frontpage