BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) — A Battle Creek man’s body has been found in the trunk of an abandoned car taken over the weekend to a southern Michigan tow yard.
Police say the car’s owner found the body of 43-year-old Diabulo White Monday morning when she went to retrieve the vehicle from the tow yard.
Battle Creek Detective Sgt. Todd Elliott said White had been shot in the head. He was reported missing Saturday by his mother.
The car was towed from private property. Police say the property owner knew nothing about the vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man, 30, dies after attending a ‘COVID party,’ Texas hospital says
- Logjam of tourists at Glacier National Park
- 'We're just overwhelmed': The view from inside California hospitals as COVID-19 surges
- Florida breaks U.S. record with 15,300 coronavirus cases reported in single day
- At Coyote Ridge, amid 229 COVID-19 cases, inmates say conditions are 'disgusting'
A 48-year-old Battle Creek man is being held as a person of interest in the case.
White’s death is under investigation.