BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) — A Battle Creek man’s body has been found in the trunk of an abandoned car taken over the weekend to a southern Michigan tow yard.
Police say the car’s owner found the body of 43-year-old Diabulo White Monday morning when she went to retrieve the vehicle from the tow yard.
Battle Creek Detective Sgt. Todd Elliott said White had been shot in the head. He was reported missing Saturday by his mother.
The car was towed from private property. Police say the property owner knew nothing about the vehicle.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump complains low-flow toilets are flush with problems
- Twitter explodes after Melania Trump rebukes Stanford professor for comment about Barron
- Iran releases UW grad held since 2016 in prisoner exchange
- Oregon commercial Dungeness crab season delayed; no word on Washington season
- La Mirada man will be the last Pearl Harbor veteran to be interred at USS Arizona Memorial
A 48-year-old Battle Creek man is being held as a person of interest in the case.
White’s death is under investigation.