WHITINGHAM., Vt. (AP) — Vermont State Police say the body of a 61-year-old man was found in a car submerged in the Sherman Reservoir in Whitingham.
A station wagon belonging to Nelson E. Rix, of Readsboro, was found shortly after 9 a.m. Saturday with only a portion of the vehicle’s rear visible in the reservoir. Rix’s body was found when the car was taken out of the water.
State police say it appears the car went off the roadway, traveled through some trees and then went down an embankment into the reservoir.
An investigation is continuing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- One woman dominated a local fair's food contest. The internet went looking for her
- Texas thrusts itself into the center of battles over personal freedom
- Men rush to get vasectomies after Roe ruling
- Cruz takes a shot at Elmo the muppet over getting a COVID vaccine
- 2nd visitor in 3 days gored by Yellowstone park bison