PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A manhole has exploded in Rhode Island’s capital, but authorities say it caused no injuries or damage.
Firefighters were called to the 1 Financial Plaza skyscraper in downtown Providence shortly after noon Saturday after witnesses reported the blast.
They extinguished a small fire.
Firefighters and crews with the National Grid electric utility remained on the scene to check nearby buildings for gas and carbon monoxide.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Warren says her tax plan asks just 'two cents' of the super-rich. How much of a hit would they take?
- 8 Years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by Manhattan DA
- A look at the revived allegations against Justice Kavanaugh
- Correction: US-Obit-Ocasek story
- Democratic candidates demand Kavanaugh impeachment after new allegation
The cause of the explosion wasn’t immediately known.