RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — A Manderson man accused of shooting two women near Porcupine last month has pleaded not guilty to assault and weapons charges.
Twenty-year-old Elijah West allegedly shot the women Feb. 20 after they left a party on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and their vehicle became stuck in the snow. One woman suffered a spinal cord injury and the other an arm wound.
Court documents don’t discuss a possible motive.
West recently pleaded not guilty in federal court. He could face life in prison if convicted. He remains jailed pending trial.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events