OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Authorities say a man shot by Douglas County sheriff’s deputy has been arrested after leaving a hospital.
The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says the man drove a stolen car early Sunday morning toward the deputy, who had approached the car at Lake Cunningham Park. The deputy drew his handgun and fired, striking the driver and injuring a juvenile female and another 18-year-old man.
The driver was booked into jail Tuesday on suspicion of assault on an officer and other crimes. Court records don’t show the 18-year-old has been formally charged.
The other man, 18-year-old Shane Hunt, of Omaha, is charged with theft. The records don’t list the name of an attorney who could comment for him.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A toddler lost in the woods is found asleep using family dog as a pillow
- What to know about the fall equinox
- Jimmy Carter’s final chapter continues with peanut butter ice cream and an upcoming 99th birthday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Mother gets 78-year prison term for killing daughters, 15 and 5, in Virginia
The girl was treated and then released to her parents. She isn’t being charged.