BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A man and woman were found shot to death inside their home in Alabama.
Birmingham Police Sgt. Bryan Shelton told Al.com that 53-year-old Anthony Shuford and 54-year-old Stella Truitt were found dead with apparent gunshot wounds early Tuesday. Police saw damage to the front door and found the couple dead on the floor.
Shelton says investigators are “working through some evidence.” He says it’s too early to know the motive of the shooting.
Shelton says the home was equipped with a video surveillance system.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- After Roe, architect of Texas abortion law sets sights on gay marriage and more
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 6 dead, 30 hurt in shooting at Chicago-area July 4 parade
- Kamala Harris could break a record. Democrats wish she didn't have to
- Once a crucial refuge, ‘gayborhoods’ lose LGBTQ appeal in major cities