PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man and woman left the woman’s name and telephone number in the guestbook of a South Florida art gallery before stealing about $6,000 worth of jewelry.
Palm Beach police say 24-year-old Megan Ohara and 19-year-old David Ziskowski took a bracelet and a ring Sunday from the Attila JK exhibition at the ICFA Gallery. They were spotted a short time later at a nearby grocery, and police reported finding the jewelry in the woman’s purse.
Officers found multiple fake email addresses and at least one obscene drawing in the gallery’s guestbook. The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://goo.gl/UEPiqq ) reports that two of the fake emails included the name “Meg” and one included Ohara’s phone number.
Ohara and Ziskowski were arrested and charged with grand theft. Jail records didn’t list attorneys.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A cure for Type 1 diabetes? For one man, it seems to have worked
- The best time to get a COVID booster shot: What the science tells us
- Firefighters launch tense rescue after pet tortoise traps pet dog in underground burrow
- Celebrated snowboarder Marko Grilc, 38, dies in accident at resort
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/