PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a man and woman left the woman’s name and telephone number in the guestbook of a South Florida art gallery before stealing about $6,000 worth of jewelry.
Palm Beach police say 24-year-old Megan Ohara and 19-year-old David Ziskowski took a bracelet and a ring Sunday from the Attila JK exhibition at the ICFA Gallery. They were spotted a short time later at a nearby grocery, and police reported finding the jewelry in the woman’s purse.
Officers found multiple fake email addresses and at least one obscene drawing in the gallery’s guestbook. The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://goo.gl/UEPiqq ) reports that two of the fake emails included the name “Meg” and one included Ohara’s phone number.
Ohara and Ziskowski were arrested and charged with grand theft. Jail records didn’t list attorneys.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Man gets 10-year sentence for attacking and coughing on person who asked him to pull up mask
- Off-duty flight attendant detained after an in-flight struggle, Delta says
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Two Montana sweethearts were fatally shot in 1956. The case was just solved.
- Man, 25, dies after downtown Austin shooting that wounded 14
Information from: Sun Sentinel , http://www.sun-sentinel.com/