BOSTON (AP) — A Methuen man has been arraigned in a Massachusetts court in connection to a large narcotics trafficking operation bust.
Attorney General Maura Healey’s office says 42-year-old Andre Lopez-Gomez pleaded not guilty in Essex Superior Court Friday to charges including trafficking heroin and fentanyl, money laundering and unlawful possession of a firearm.
In a joint takedown, federal, state and local law enforcement seized about 750 grams of heroin, guns, 90 grams of fentanyl, prescription pills and $1 million in cash at two Methuen and Lawrence addresses in early May. He is being held on $250,000 bail and will be returned to the custody of U.S. Marshals in New Hampshire, where he faces a pending federal case.
An attorney for Lopez-Gomez could not be identified. His next court date is June 26.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19