ATLANTA (AP) — An 80-year-old man and his 79-year-old wife have died in an accidental house fire in Georgia.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that a Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner official believes the blaze was caused from an electrical malfunction and determined it started in the attic. The early Sunday fire destroyed the couple’s Douglas County home and investigators found no signs of a working smoke inside.
Spokesman Glenn Allen says Boyd Weese and his wife Evelyn Weese died at their Lithia Springs house.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- The coming California megastorm
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- As risk of nuclear war grows, study warns even a limited exchange would doom billions
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com