NEWARK, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say an Ohio man whose 3-month old daughter was found dead on a closet shelf in his apartment has been charged with murder.
A judge in Newark set bond for 25-year-old Ryan Mosholder at $1 million Tuesday. Court records don’t indicate whether the Heath man has an attorney.
Heath police say Mosholder was arrested in Newark on Monday a few hours after Bri’Anna Mosholder’s body was found in his apartment in Heath. Police were called to the apartment on a report of a person not breathing. Police say Mosholder left before they arrived.
Court documents say the baby’s body was covered in bruises. Licking County’s coroner determined she died from blunt force injuries to the head, chest and abdomen.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Heath is roughly 35 miles (56 kilometers) east of Columbus.