VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Authorities say a man who posted a photo and videos of himself on Instagram robbing a Virginia Beach bank has pleaded guilty.
Multiple media outlets report that 24-year-old Dominyk Antonio Alfonseca pleaded guilty to one count of robbery Monday in Virginia Beach Circuit Court.
Police said Alfonseca walked into a TowneBank in May and handed the teller a note asking for $150,000 in bonds — and including the word “please.” He recorded the incident on his cellphone and posted videos and photo of the note online. Officers arrested Alfonseca shortly after the incident, carrying a gym bag full of money.
In a jailhouse interview, Alfonseca told WAVY-TV (http://bit.ly/1EQDCNB ) in May that he didn’t think asking for money was a crime.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Two-dose coronavirus vaccine regimens will make it harder to inoculate America
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate
He faces the possibility of life in prison when sentenced in March.