SAN ANTONIO (AP) — An autopsy shows a man who killed one San Antonio police officer and wounded another had opiates in his body and a tattoo of a tombstone on his wrist reading “RIP COPS.”
The San Antonio Express-News reports the Bexar County medical examiner’s office released 34-year-old Andrew Bice’s autopsy Wednesday. Opiates found included codeine, morphine and one of heroin’s active ingredients.
Police say Bice opened fire on the officers in June as they approached to check his identification. Officer Miguel Moreno was fatally shot in the head. Officer Julio Cavazos recovered.
The autopsy says Bice died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. He was also shot in the buttocks, likely from return fire.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle hits record high for income inequality, now rivals San Francisco
- Anthony Bourdain brought 'Parts Unknown' to Seattle — here's where he ate
- Seattle’s crazy restaurant boom | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Seattle-Dublin nonstop flights to begin in May 2018
- Cleveland Browns waive Kasen Williams, could a return to Seahawks be in the offing?
Bice had an extensive criminal record. His several tattoos included one with a clock and prison bars.
Information from: San Antonio Express-News, http://www.mysanantonio.com